HOW TO PROCESS ORDER. (FAQs listed below)
Please read these instructions CAREFULLY and COMPLETELY before continuing.
Here’s how to place an online order:
1. You will need to register with The Vic Theatre Box Office in order to make online purchases. Information required includes name, full address, phone number (We also ask that you provide a valid telephone number; we will only call you in case of a screening change or cancellation) and you will also need a valid email address and then create a password. Keep the password in a safe place. All of this information is kept private and should you forget your password by entering your email address it will be sent to you. You may also elect not to receive our Festival newsletter by removing the check from the box at the bottom of the profile creation page. Once you’ve created this user profile, you will be able to use it whenever placing an order within The Vic Theatre box office going forward.
2. After creating your profile, you can begin to order programs (films), event tickets, passes and merchandise. You can search for your program of choice by going to the right hand column that reads BROWSE PROGRAMS BY and search by Genre, Section, Director, Country or Venue. You can also search by Keyword in the box marked SEARCH BY KEYWORD. Click GO once you've decided on a search type and the corresponding program(s) will appear on the screen. (It is always best to search by these methods as opposed to date, because any screenings that are sold out will not appear when you use the Calendar.) Click the title of the program to see a synopsis, get more information, and have the ability to both SHARE and BUY tickets. Click the top left corner on any of the Online Box Office pages once you have items added to your cart to see what has been added. It will go to your cart after each order, at which time you will select the number of tickets/items you would like, can add memberships, return to the box office or checkout. You can keep adding showings, passes, events and merchandise until you are ready for checkout. If you decide to change your mind about a film during the selection process, do not hit the BACK button on your browser. Close the film synopsis window by clicking in the top right corner CLOSE link or hit the ESC key.
3. You will then enter your personal and credit card information and review the quantities of tickets/items you want to buy. If you do not want to purchase tickets for a given show, click on “Remove” to remove them or set the quantity as desired if you’d like to increase/decrease the amount.
4. When checking out, you must provide accurate billing information if it does not match the one created in your profile. You can edit the billing information at this point, which will be attached to your user profile going forward. You will also be required to enter your credit card information at this juncture. Please use two digits for both the month and year (i.e. February 2011 should be entered as 02 for the month and 11 for the year). Your email will be used to send you a confirmation of your ticket order along with receipt of payment.
5. When you are finished, click on the “Complete Purchase” button and wait for the system to show you the order confirmation page. Do not click this button more than once or you may cause an error and have to start over. The processing of your order may take a minute or so, but please be patient.
6. Your order will be waiting for you at the Festival office up to and including the day before your first screening/event OR available for pick up at the Will Call Table at the venue of your first screening/event starting 30 MINUTES before the first show of the day at that venue.
7. When picking up your order, you will be required to show photo identification. The person whose name is on the order MUST be the person to pick up the order.
8. You will receive an email confirming your order shortly after your order is processed. You should print this confirmation and bring it with you to pick up your order. This confirmation contains your order number and will make it much easier for us to find your order and get you into your screening/event. Check spam/junk mail filters if you haven't received your email confirmation.
9. No information you provide to us will ever be divulged to a third party; we will only use this information for the purposes we’ve outlined here. Since you are providing this information to us on a secure web page your credit card and personal information is encrypted and protected.
10. If you are having difficulties that are not resolved after reviewing the online HELP section, you can contact the Box Office during regular hours and someone can assist you further. Our contact information is located at the bottom of every box office page for easy reference.
A few other things you should be aware of:
* It is important not to hit the back button or arrow on your browser when ordering online. Doing so will impact your purchasing of tickets.
* If a screening/event is marked ADVANCE TICKETS SOLD OUT it will be unavailable for selection. This means that it is sold out for advance ticket sales but tickets may be available at the door. If an item is unavailable, it will be marked as SOLD OUT.
* The majority of our programs require a Festival Membership and are only available to those 18 and older. You will be asked to present your Festival Membership before admittance to these programs. When there is an exception to this, it will be noted in the program’s description.
* You cannot purchase advance tickets to a screening/event less than two hours before showtime. For events that have not sold out, tickets will be available for purchase at The Vic Theatre 30 minutes before showtime (cash, credit card, or debit).
* A will call handling charge of $1.00 PER ORDER will be automatically added to every online order (this is the same charge as for phone orders).
How much is it for a movie?
Regular Screenings are $11.00 including GST.
Special events are noted in the program guide and prices range depending on event.
When VFF Memberships are required, patrons without memberships must purchase one for $2.00 (plus GST). See Membership details below.
Are there student/senior prices?
There are no student/senior prices for the regular screenings or special events.
How do I buy tickets?
Customers can buy tickets from:
Online box office : https://boxoffice.victoriafilmfestival.com/
By phone: 250- 389- 0444
I want to buy tickets at the door, when can I buy them?
30 minutes before film showtime.
Do you keep tickets to sell at the door?
Films can sell out in advance and then no rush/door tickets are available. Tickets that are not sold in advance will be sold at the door.
Can I get advance tickets for the show during the day the show is playing?
Online ticket sales for same-day purchases end two hours before showtime.
How does the 5 or 10 ticket pass work?
The 5 or 10 ticket pass is a discount that gets applied to your order when you order 5 or 10 regular films at one time. The box office software will automatically calculate the discount on your order.
How do I redeem my gift vouchers?
You can redeem your vouchers online, by clicking on the “I have a voucher” link when completing purchase. Type in the code for each ticket in the box provided and click apply. Vouchers may also be redeemed at the Advance Box Office
Where is the Advance Box Office?
1215 Blanshard Street – beside the Empire Capitol 6 theatre, between Yates and View
PICKING UP TICKETS
What is will call? Will call is a term used for advance tickets that need picking up. Will Call is the place in each venue where you pick up advance tickets. The name comes from the old name for the layaway department at large stores, where people could make a deposit on a large purchase and "call" for it when it was paid in full.
I ordered tickets online or by the phone, how do I pick them up?
You may pick up your tickets at the VFF Office the next business day, or at The Vic Theatre 30 minutes before showtime. (Please allow extra time for special events.) Passes and memberships bought without tickets will need to be picked up at the VFF Office.
Box office hours:
Mon – Fri
10am – 4pm
What do I need to pick up my tickets?
To pick up your Will call tickets, please show your picture ID or your confirmation order, either printed out or on your smartphone.
What is a membership and why do I need to buy one?
Memberships are required because the films are unrated. To watch an unrated film in British Columbia, you need to be a member of the society showing the film and at least 18 years old. Memberships cost $2 plus GST. VFF is a non profit, charitable organization.
More info below.
Did you know that all the movies you normally see at the theatre have been classified? They have been viewed by the Practices & Consumer Protection Authority of BC, deemed appropriate for public viewing, and rated accordingly; you know - PG, R, G, etc. This is a costly process, and one the Victoria Film Festival can't afford; hence, all Festival films are unclassified. In British Columbia the only way to view unclassified films is to be a member of the Society showing the films, and over the age of 18 - that's the law, even if the film would just get a G rating.
NOTE: If you have purchased a Friends of the Vic Membership, VFF Film, Gold, or Platinum pass, you DO NOT need to purchase a VFF Membership as it is included with your pass purchase.
I lost my membership, what should I do?
Unfortunately you will need to purchase a new membership. Memberships can be bought online or in person at the Advance Box Office, or at the theatre 30 minutes before showtime.
How can I tell which movies are subtitled?
Generally, any film from a foreign language country (or Quebec) will have subtitles.
We provide tickets to alcohol-related education and awareness events that we manage. As such everyone purchasing tickets or attending Art of the Cocktail events must be of legal drinking age. By using our website, you represent that you are of legal drinking age.
No returns, refunds, exchanges, or late seating. All sales are final.
All of our events are priced in Canadian dollars and all amounts charge will be processed in Canadian dollars.
For online sales we accept Visa and Mastercard. Day-of sales at events are cash-only.
Tickets can be printed on-line at home or picked up at the Will Call desk on the day of the event.
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey or fill out a form.
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number or credit card information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience
(your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- To improve our website
(we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
- To improve customer service
(your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
- To process transactions
Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested by the customer.
- To send periodic emails
The email address you provide for order processing, will only be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order or request.
If you decide to opt-in to our mailing list, you will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order.
These security measures include: password protected directories and databases to safeguard your information, SSL (Secure Sockets Layered) technology to ensure that your information is fully encrypted and sent across the Internet securely or PCI Scanning to actively protect our servers from hackers and other vulnerabilities.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
Yes (Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computers hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least legal drinking age or older.
At the top of this document, you can read our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website at artofthecocktail.ca.
Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act
If at anytime you have a cause that needs to be disputed please fill out the Trust Guard Dispute Resolution form.